Important Details Regarding Your Stay
These are some important details to keep in mind when staying with us. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.
coming / going
Check-in begins at 4:00 PM, and check out is at 11:00 AM, it is as simple as that! Feel free to enjoy our communal space before check-in or after check-out and if you need special accommodations, please reach out and we will see what we can do.
Make sure to keep an eye on your email for arrival instructions a couple days ahead of your stay. These instructions will tell you everything you will need to know if we are not there to welcome you.
All rooms will be freshly cleaned before your arrival. Unlike larger hotels, we do not do any room cleaning during your stay unless you exceed six days (any stay longer than six days will receive one cleaning halfway through the stay).
Street parking in the area is free with no time restrictions. The only times parking is restricted is during events in the area which include Last Thursday (summer months) and the Alberta Street Fair (typically a Saturday in August). Since your vehicles will be parked street-side, we do not advise any guests to leave items visible in their vehicles.
While beautifully updated, there is no avoiding the stairs in this 100-year old house. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate wheelchairs and individuals who cannot climb stairs.
To make your stay as unique and enjoyable as possible, we have made a point to include just the right amenities. We want you to enjoy your time at the hotel without discouraging you from enjoying the neighborhood. You will be supplied with comfy ear-plugs, high-quality linens and pillows, cozy bathrobes, organic cotton plush towels, and locally produced shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Our facilities include an iron and ironing board, a full kitchen with simple breakfast options, large communal spaces, and an abundance of personal closet and shelf space. You can also enjoy a cup of coffee made with beans from local roaster Junior’s Roasted Coffee — our personal favorite.
We hate to have rules, but we find a few help everyone enjoy their stay:
1) Quiet hours are between 9:00 PM and 8:00 AM. We ask that you are courteous to your fellow guests as sound travels easily within the hotel.
2) No smoking on the property, guests who violate this are subject to a $300 fine. If you need a smoke there are numerous bars nearby that have smoking areas.
3) No pets. While we love pets, we do not allow any on the premise to ensure comfort for guests that may have allergies. Properly documented service animals are allowed. There are great nearby options for pet care! See 3 Dog Boarding & Day Care or Stay Pet Hotel if your furry child must travel with you.
4) Families with children under the age of 5 or those who are unable to follow quiet hours are encouraged to book the Maple basement suite (opening Summer 2019).
5) Please do not prepare complex meals in the kitchen, to leave room for other guests and limit the mess - there are incredible restaurants steps from the hotel.
6) No parties. Party at the local bars! Only registered guests are allowed to spend time in the hotel. This is for the safety and comfort of all guests.